Markets rise steadily in afternoon trade (Lead)January 27th, 2009 - 3:23 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 27 (IANS) Indian equities markets, which opened higher Tuesday, kept rising during mid-day trade, with a key index ruling about 3.02 percent higher than its last close at around 1:30 p.m.The sensitive index of the Bombay Stock Exchange (Sensex) was at 8,950.38 points, 3.02 percent or 261.8 points higher than its previous close.
At the same time, the S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange was at 2,761.35 points, 3.09 percent higher than its previous close of 2,678.55.
Broader market indices were up with the BSE midcap index trading 0.38 percent higher and BSE smallcap gaining 0.22 percent.
Of the 30 stocks comprising the Sensex, 28 scrips were in the green with Sterlite (up 8.58 percent at Rs.260), Reliance Infra (up 7.93 percent at Rs.524) and Wipro (up 6.15 percent at Rs.227) leading the gainers’ list.
The two losing scrips were Oil and Natural Gas Corp (down 1.2 percent at Rs.633.15) and Larsen and Toubro (L&T), which was trading 1.2 percent lower even as news came in that the company was planning to treble its stake in the troubled IT firm Satyam Computer.
All 13-sectoral indices on the BSE turned positive with metal and IT stocks leading the rally.
- Sensex rises 47 points; capital goods, power stocks up - Jun 20, 2012
- Rate hike fears pull down Sensex 176 points (Roundup) - Jun 15, 2011
- Sensex closes 95 points up, IT realty stocks high (Second Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Sensex closes 85 points up, Bharti drags (Roundup) - Feb 08, 2012
- Sensex in green; realty, power stocks gain - Jan 13, 2012
- Sensex rebounds on rupee recovery (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Sensex down 46 points; oil and gas, IT stocks fall (Roundup) - Sep 18, 2012
- Sensex closes 37 points up (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
- Sensex rises 22 points; FMCG, consumer durable stocks up - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex rallies in last hour, closes 160 points higher (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Sensex continues to trade lacklustre, RIL soars (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Sensex rises 285 points, snaps four-day fall (Roundup) - Feb 28, 2012
- Sensex climbs 119 points; SBI, RIL rally (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Indian markets dip on profit booking (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Sensex closes flat in choppy trade (Lead) - May 25, 2012