Markets remain volatile in afternoon trade (Second Lead)January 9th, 2009 - 4:47 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 9 (IANS) Indian equities markets remained volatile till mid-afternoon Friday, with a key index losing about 1.44 percent over its last close.The sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) was down 1.44 percent or 137.92 points to 9,448.96 points, after opening lower than Wednesday’s close of 9,586.88 points.
The broader S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was trading at 2,850.3 points, 2.4 percent lower than its previous close.
Other market indices like the BSE midcap index was trading 2.94 percent lower than its previous close while the smallcap index was 2.96 percent below.
Top losers included Satyam Computer (down 45.43 percent and trading at Rs.21.80), and Sterlite Industries (down 10.88 percent and trading at Rs.269.10).
- Sensex closes 50 points lower on S&P; warning (Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Sensex falls 57 points, metal consumer durable stocks down (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Sensex slips 136 points, consumer durables, banking stocks lose (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Sensex ruling in green; realty, consumer durables gain - Mar 06, 2012
- Sensex closes 254 points lower (Second Lead) - May 12, 2011
- Sensex closes 244 points down, manages 1.8 percent in weekly gains - Sep 30, 2011
- Sensex declines 66 points, metal, consumer durables down - Jul 25, 2012
- Sensex closes flat on derivatives expiry, weak European cues (Roundup) - Jun 28, 2012
- Sensex closes 133 points lower, RIL weighs heavy (Roundup) - Jun 17, 2011
- Sensex loses 265 points, closes below 18,000 points (Second Lead) - Feb 08, 2011
- Sensex weak, IT, capital goods under selling pressure - Mar 19, 2012
- IT stocks drag Sensex 138 points lower (Roundup) - Jan 12, 2012
- Sensex slips 100 points; metal, telecom stocks slump - Apr 11, 2012
- Sensex closes 117 points up, metals gain (Roundup) - Jan 13, 2012
- Sensex in red in afternoon trade, consumer durables slip - Mar 28, 2012