Markets remain range bound (Lead)January 2nd, 2009 - 3:19 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 2 (IANS) Indian equities markets stayed in the green around noon Friday but remained within a narrow range, with a key index trading just about 0.36 percent up from its previous close.The sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) was up 0.36 percent or 35.25 points and was ruling at 9,938.71 points after opening higher than its previous close of 9,903.46.
Analysts were of the view that markets were finding it difficult to take a specific direction in the absence of international and domestic cues.
The broader S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was trading at 3,033.70 points, almost at the same level as its close Thursday.
Of the 13 sectoral indices on the BSE, realty stocks were outperforming the rest of the market. BSE realty index was up 2.84 percent from its last close.
Other BSE indices like the midcap index rose 1.68 percent over Thursday’s close, while the smallcap index gained 1.77 percent.
Other Asian markets were also up with the Nikkei, a key index of the Tokyo Stock Exchange, ruling 1.68 percent higher than its previous close.
The Hang Seng, a key index of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, also did well rising 2.26 percent over its last close.
- Sensex closes in red; oil and gas, realty stocks slump - Jan 05, 2012
- Sensex down 58 points, realty, banks stocks slump (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Indian stock markets begin 2012 on negative note - Jan 02, 2012
- Sensex closes 64 points up (Lead) - Mar 02, 2012
- Markets erase early gains, Sensex in red (Lead) - Apr 18, 2011
- Sensex rises 63 points; consumer durable, realty stocks up - Jul 03, 2012
- Sensex in see-saw trade, consumer durables, realty stocks up - Mar 27, 2012
- Sensex pares gains, closes flat (Lead) - Feb 29, 2012
- Markets quiet in noon trade, FMCG, IT scrips gain - Mar 23, 2012
- Sensex creeps up from day's lows (Lead) - Apr 26, 2011
- Sensex closes 68 points up (Lead) - Jan 20, 2011
- Sensex down 31 points, banking, realty stocks fall - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex in red, realty, banking under selling - Mar 26, 2012
- Sensex closes flat; oil and gas, auto stocks fall (Roundup) - Aug 23, 2012
- Sensex makes up for some of Tuesday's losses (Roundup) - Jul 13, 2011