Markets recover from mid-afternoon slump, close higher (Third Lead)January 6th, 2009 - 5:29 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 6 (IANS) Indian equities markets recovered from a mid-afternoon fall Tuesday, with a key index closing almost a percent higher than its previous close. At the closing bell, the sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) was at 10,377.12 (provisional) points, up 0.99 percent or 101.52 points from the Monday close of 10,275.6 points.
The broader S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) gained a marginal 0.16 percent to close at 3,126.45 points.
Other market indices like the BSE midcap index recorded a slight loss, falling 0.04 percent, while the smallcap index lost 0.06 percent.
- Sensex, broader indices close flat (Second Lead) - May 24, 2011
- Markets close flat as traders await monetary policy (Lead) - Jan 23, 2012
- Sensex closes in red (Second Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- Sensex ends 1.46 percent higher (Lead) - Mar 14, 2011
- Sensex trades flat after early gains (Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- Sensex closes 76 points lower (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- Sensex closes 41 points lower, oil and gas, IT stocks down (Second Lead) - Sep 18, 2012
- Sensex ends 1.46 percent up as oil falls to two-week low (Roundup) - Mar 14, 2011
- Sensex closes 180 points higher (Lead) - Jun 27, 2011
- Sensex closes 133 points lower, RIL weighs heavy (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
- Sensex declines 31 points, realty, capital goods stocks down - Jul 26, 2012
- Sensex closes 180 points lower (Third Lead) - Jun 15, 2011
- Sensex quiet in morning trade - Jan 04, 2012
- Sensex closes flat, broader markets end in red (Second Lead) - Jun 22, 2011
- Indian equities close flat (Second Lead) - Jun 09, 2011