Markets rally in last hour, post handsome gains (Third Lead)December 16th, 2008 - 5:36 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 16 (IANS) Indian equities markets surged in the last trading hour with a key index closing (provisionally) 1.47 percent higher than its previous close.The 30-share sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) shot up during the last session, closing 144.59 points or 1.47 percent higher than Monday’s close.
The Sensex stood at 9,976.98 points after crossing the 10,000-point level just before close.
The broader-based 50-share S&P CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) also rose sharply and closed at 3050.35 points or 2.32 percent higher.
Broader market indices continued outperforming the Sensex with the midcap index closing 2.5 percent higher than Monday’s close, while the smallcap index rose 3.21 percent over its previous close.
- Late rally boosts dull equities markets (Roundup) - Dec 16, 2008
- Sensex rises 72 points; tech and reality scrips gain (Lead) - Dec 07, 2011
- Sensex closes flat amid dull global cues - Jan 09, 2012
- Sensex slumps 24 percent in 2011 (Roundup) - Dec 30, 2011
- Sensex ends flat, midcaps gain (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2010
- Sensex closes 282 points down (Second Lead) - Jan 27, 2011
- Sensex rises in early trade - Nov 22, 2010
- Sensex gains for third straight week, up 584 points (Weekly market review) - Jan 21, 2012
- Sensex continues with upswing, 120 points higher at noon - Jan 20, 2012
- Sensex climbs 230 points; technology, realty stocks rise (Lead) - Dec 26, 2011
- Sensex closes 189 points higher (Lead) - Jul 09, 2010
- Markets rise on CRR cut, Sensex closes tad below 17,000 (Third Lead) - Jan 24, 2012
- Sensex surges to close 464 points up (Lead) - Mar 25, 2011
- Sensex rebounds, close 176 points higher (Second Lead) - Dec 13, 2010
- Sensex closes 290 points up (Second Lead) - Apr 04, 2011