Markets open in the greenFebruary 19th, 2009 - 11:58 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 19 (IANS) Indian equities were in the green Thursday with a key index opening slightly higher than its last closing figure.
The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) Sensitive Index (Sensex) opened at 9,034.9 points, higher than its 9,015.18 point close Wednesday. About 10 minutes into trade, it was at 9,096.42 points, 0.9 percent or 81.24 points higher than its previous close.
At the same time, the S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was at 2,796.85 points, 0.75 percent up from its last close of 2,776.15.
The BSE midcap index was 0.94 percent higher, while the BSE smallcap index was up 0.65 percent.
- Sensex manages to build on rally, closes 100 points up - Sep 08, 2011
- Sensex in green, hovering around 9,000-mark (Lead) - Feb 19, 2009
- Benchmark indices subdued, midcaps rise - Feb 09, 2012
- Sensex closes 54 points up (Lead) - Jun 06, 2011
- Sensex rises 128 points, IT consumer durable stocks up (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Sensex consolidates, broader markets rise (Roundup) - Jul 04, 2011
- Sensex tanks 77 points; metal, auto, power stocks hit (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Sensex down 37 points in lacklustre trade (Lead) - Sep 23, 2010
- Sensex rallies past 18,000, closes 353 points up (Roundup) - Feb 15, 2012
- Sensex rises 21 points, banking stocks rally - Apr 16, 2012
- Sensex rises in noon trade - Jan 18, 2011
- Sensex takes a breather after three-day rally (Second Lead) - Jun 28, 2011
- Sensex closes 85 points up, Bharti drags (Roundup) - Feb 08, 2012
- Sensex weak, IT, capital goods under selling pressure - Mar 19, 2012
- Sensex moderately up in noon trade, realty stocks gain (Lead) - Mar 24, 2011