Markets open in the greenFebruary 4th, 2009 - 11:50 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 4 (IANS) Indian markets climbed at opening bell Wednesday with a key index starting higher than its last closing figure.The sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) opened at 9,226.2 points, higher than its 9,149.3-point close Tuesday. After about 10 minutes of trading, it was at 9,270.53 points, 1.33 percent or 121.23 points higher than its previous close.
At the same time, the S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was at 2,819.75 points, 1.29 percent higher than its previous close of 2,783.9.
The BSE midcap index was up 0.56 percent, while the BSE smallcap index was 0.82 percent higher than its previous close.
- Sensex slips from intra-day high, metal stocks gain (Lead) - Apr 21, 2011
- Sensex closes 115 points up (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- Indian markets rally for sixth straight week (Weekly market review) - Feb 12, 2012
- Benchmark indices subdued, midcaps rise - Feb 09, 2012
- Profit booking pulls down markets (Second Lead) - Feb 04, 2009
- Sensex rises, capital goods, metal and IT stocks buying picks up - May 15, 2012
- Sensex rises 150 points; oil and gas, banking stocks rally - Apr 03, 2012
- Sensex edges up but ends lower for second consecutive week (Roundup) - Mar 02, 2012
- Sensex down 73 points in volatile trade - Oct 31, 2011
- Sensex 52 points up; IT, power stocks high (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Sensex rallies in last hour, closes 160 points higher (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Sensex rises 128 points, IT consumer durable stocks up (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Sensex falls 86 points on profit booking - Jun 08, 2012
- Sensex closes 79 points high (Second Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Sensex closes 64 points up (Lead) - Mar 02, 2012