Markets open higher, Sensex crosses 10,000January 5th, 2009 - 11:52 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 5 (IANS) Indian equities markets opened higher Monday, with a key index moving past the psychologically important 10,000-mark after gaining 1.51 percent over its previous close.About 15 minutes into trading, the sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) was at 10,108.56 points, a rise of 150.34 points or 1.51 percent from its previous close of 9,958.22 points. It had opened at 10,109.67.
The broader S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was also ruling higher at 3,086.9 points, about 1.32 percent higher than Friday’s close.
Other market indices like the BSE midcap and small cap indices were also trading higher than Friday’s close.
- Sensex rises in afternoon trade, capital goods scrips lead - Mar 21, 2012
- Sensex up 76.94 points (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Sensex rallies in last hour, closes 160 points higher (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Sensex rises 110 points; realty, banking stocks up - Jun 25, 2012
- Sensex closes 38 points down (Second Lead) - Aug 22, 2012
- Best week for Sensex in over two years - Dec 02, 2011
- Sensex falls 58 points; IT, metal stocks slump - Apr 10, 2012
- Sensex reverses losses, closes 107 points higher (Roundup) - Feb 01, 2012
- Choppy trading at Indian equities after outlook downgrade - Apr 26, 2012
- Sensex rises 150 points; oil and gas, banking stocks rally - Apr 03, 2012
- Sensex gives up early gains (Lead) - May 09, 2011
- Sensex closes 71 points up (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- Sensex rallies 226 points on European cues (Roundup) - Jul 10, 2012
- Sensex ends 38 points down; Bharti Airtel drops 3.85 percent (Roundup) - Aug 22, 2012
- IT stocks drag Sensex 138 points lower (Roundup) - Jan 12, 2012