Markets move south, Sensex 284 points down (Third Lead)March 2nd, 2009 - 5:42 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 2 (IANS) Indian equities markets closed in the red Monday, with a key index ending trade 3.2 percent lower than its previous close.
The 30-scrip Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) Sensitive Index (Sensex), which opened at 8,762.88 points, closed at 8,607.08 points, down 3.2 percent or 284.53 points from Friday’s close.
The S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was at 2,674.6 points, 3.22 percent lower than its last close of 2,763.65 points.
The BSE midcap index closed 2.08 percent lower, while the BSE smallcap index was down 1.83 percent.
- Dismal start to trading week, Sensex dives 3.2 percent (Roundup) - Mar 02, 2009
- Indian markets open in the red - Mar 03, 2009
- Sensex closes 147 points down over political uncertainties (Lead) - Sep 20, 2012
- Sensex closes 44 points down (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Sensex closes 284 points lower (Second Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Another loss-making week at Indian markets (Weekly Roundup) - Mar 07, 2009
- Sensex snaps out of three-day losing streak (Roundup) - Mar 20, 2012
- Sensex closes below 16,000-mark amid growth worries (Round-up) - Jun 01, 2012
- Talk of tax treaty with Mauritius spooks Indian markets (Roundup) - Jun 20, 2011
- Sensex erases day's highs, up 180 points (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Sensex slips 136 points, consumer durables, banking stocks lose (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Sensex crosses 18,000 points on positive European cues (Roundup) - Sep 12, 2012
- Sensex closes 148 points down (Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Indian equities markets end lower as inflation reigns high (Weekly market review) - May 22, 2011
- Sensex plunges 277 points on weak global cues (Roundup) - Apr 23, 2012