Markets keep bleeding (Third Lead)January 21st, 2009 - 5:21 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 21 (IANS) It was another depressing day at the Indian equities markets Wednesday with a key index ending trade 3.91 percent lower than its previous close.The sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened trade at 8,900.78 points against the previous close of 9,100.55, ended at 8,744.29 points (provisionally).
The Sensex was down 356.26 points or 3.91 percent from Tuesday’s close.
The broader S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange was also in a slump, ending trade at 2,692.8 points, 3.71 percent lower than its previous close.
- Sensex falls for second week on earnings and negative cues (Weekly Market Review) - May 05, 2012
- Sensex closes 95 points up, IT realty stocks high (Second Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Sensex down 31 points, banking, realty stocks fall - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex down 112 points, capital goods, bank stocks hit (Roundup) - Dec 19, 2011
- Sensex tumbles to two-year low, despite rate hike pause (Roundup) - Dec 16, 2011
- Sensex down 82.04 points; auto, bank, capital goods stocks slide - May 30, 2012
- Sensex falls to three-and-half month low - Nov 18, 2011
- Sensex closes flat in choppy trade (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Sensex recovers initial losses, trading flat (Lead) - Aug 22, 2012
- Sensex edges lower in early trade - Jan 28, 2011
- Sensex closes 128 points down, BHEL, ICICI Bank shares hit (Roundup) - Sep 05, 2012
- Sensex, Nifty rise as crude prices dip (Weekly market review) - Jun 25, 2011
- Sensex edges lower on lacklustre trading day - Oct 17, 2011
- Sensex closes 41 points lower, oil and gas, IT stocks down (Second Lead) - Sep 18, 2012
- Sensex ends 133 points higher on hopes of rate cuts - Apr 12, 2012