Markets hold on to gains in afternoon trade (Second Lead)January 14th, 2009 - 3:57 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 14 (IANS) The Indian equities markets held on to gains of morning trade about two hours before close Wednesday, with a key index trading about 2.31 percent above its previous close Tuesday.The sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) was up 2.31 percent or 209.7 points over its previous close and was trading at 9,281.33 points.
The Sensex opened at 9,207.52 points Wednesday, higher than Tuesday’s close of 9,071.36.
At the same time, the broader S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was at 2,809.05 points, 2.34 percent higher than its previous close.
Other market indices like the BSE midcap index gained 1.18 percent while the smallcap index shed 0.97 percent.
- Sensex ruling in green; realty, consumer durables gain - Mar 06, 2012
- Sensex rises 100 points; auto, IT stocks rally - May 29, 2012
- Sensex closes 18 points higher (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Sensex rebounds 101 points; banking stocks climb - Dec 30, 2011
- Sensex rallies in last hour, closes 160 points higher (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Sensex slips below 18,000 points - Feb 24, 2012
- Sensex rises in noon trade (Lead) - Apr 04, 2011
- Sensex snaps out of three-day losing streak (Roundup) - Mar 20, 2012
- Sensex closes 37 points up (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
- Sensex slips 136 points, consumer durables, banking stocks lose (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Sensex ruling dull in morning trade - Dec 14, 2010
- Sensex closes 85 points up, Bharti drags (Roundup) - Feb 08, 2012
- Sensex in red in afternoon trade, consumer durables slip - Mar 28, 2012
- Sensex holds on to gains, metals, realty scrips gain - Mar 13, 2012
- Sensex pares early gains, still 390 points up (Lead) - Sep 21, 2012