Markets fall in afternoon trade (Second Lead)December 31st, 2008 - 4:05 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 31 (IANS) Indian equities markets fell marginally in afternoon trade Wednesday after opening high. A key index was 0.37 percent lower than its previous close nearly 90 minutes before the closing bell.The sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) was trading at 9,680.57 points, a fall of 35.59 points or 0.37 percent from its previous close of 9,716.16 points.
The broader S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was also trading marginally lower at 2,961.65 points, down 0.60 percent from Tuesday’s close.
However, other market indices were trading higher, with BSE’s midcap index gaining 0.79 percent and smallcap index going up 1.18 percent.
- Sensex continues to trade lacklustre, RIL soars (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Sensex dull in early trade - Jan 13, 2011
- Sensex rises 66 points; metal, IT stocks up (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Sensex closes 66 points down on weak European cues (Second Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- Sensex dull in early trade - Feb 10, 2011
- Sensex closes 60 points down (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Sensex closes 77 points lower (Lead) - Jan 04, 2011
- Sensex drops 157 points on profit booking (Lead) - Sep 22, 2010
- Sensex closes quiet as GDP numbers disappoint (Roundup) - Feb 29, 2012
- Sensex edges lower, negative global cues weigh (Roundup) - Jul 18, 2011
- Sensex down 43 points, IT stocks fall - Sep 04, 2012
- Sensex falls 97 points in choppy trade (Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
- Sensex up 222 points, bank, auto and IT stocks rally (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Sensex closes 37 points up (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
- Sensex 52 points up; IT, power stocks high (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012