Markets extend losses in afternoon (Second Lead)February 2nd, 2009 - 4:17 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 2 (IANS) Indian equities markets extended losses Monday afternoon, with a key index ruling 3.02 percent lower than its previous close about an hour before the closing bell.The sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) was at 9,139.94 points, 3.02 percent or 284.3 points lower than its previous close.
At the same time, the S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was at 2,791.3 points, 2.9 percent down from its Friday close of 2,823.95 points.
The BSE midcap index was down 0.95 percent, while the BSE smallcap index lost 0.91 percent over its previous close.
- Sensex down 46 points; oil and gas, IT stocks fall (Roundup) - Sep 18, 2012
- Sensex closes 188 points lower on global sell-off - Sep 19, 2011
- Sensex rallies in last hour, closes 160 points higher (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Sensex ends 133 points higher on hopes of rate cuts - Apr 12, 2012
- Markets under pressure, Sensex closes 168 points down (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2012
- Sensex slips 136 points, consumer durables, banking stocks lose (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Sensex closes 309 points lower on grim global cues (Roundup) - Jul 12, 2011
- Sensex closes 172 points lower (Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
- Day after rally, Sensex takes a breather - Sep 28, 2011
- Sensex rises 40 points; metal, consumer durable stocks up - Jul 04, 2012
- Sensex at seven-month high, closes 139 points higher (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- Sensex down 37.45 points, capital goods, power scrips fall - Aug 22, 2012
- Sensex closes 155 points lower (Second Lead) - May 02, 2011
- Sensex down 40 points, metal, consumer durable stocks falls - Aug 28, 2012
- Sensex down 226.09 points as metals, capital goods stocks tumble - Jul 23, 2012