Markets extend lead in afternoon trade (Second Lead)January 5th, 2009 - 4:26 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 5 (IANS) Indian equities markets gained in afternoon trade Monday with a key index trading 2.02 percent higher than its previous close, two hours before the closing bell.The sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) was up 2.02 percent or 201.57 points and was at 10,159.79 points after opening higher than its previous close of 9,958.22 points.
At the same time, the broader S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was trading at 3,087.55 points, 1.34 percent up from its last close.
Other market indices like the BSE midcap index rose 1.44 percent over Friday’s close, while the smallcap index gained 1.11 percent.
- Sensex rises 202 points on positive global cues - Sep 07, 2011
- Sensex slips 136 points, consumer durables, banking stocks lose (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Sensex rises 22 points; FMCG, consumer durable stocks up - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex closes 74 points higher (Lead) - Apr 02, 2012
- Sensex soars past 18,000, closes 335 points up (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Infosys results help Sensex close 421 points higher - Oct 12, 2011
- Sensex closes 337 points higher backed by global cues - Oct 19, 2011
- Indian stock markets closed Thursday - Oct 27, 2011
- Sensex rallies in last hour, closes 160 points higher (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Sensex builds on morning gains, up 370 points in afternoon (Lead) - May 13, 2011
- Sensex tumbles to two-year low, despite rate hike pause (Roundup) - Dec 16, 2011
- Sensex rebounds 101 points; banking stocks climb - Dec 30, 2011
- Sensex slips below 18,000 points - Feb 24, 2012
- Sensex extends gains, up 320 points (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Sensex closes 244 points down, manages 1.8 percent in weekly gains - Sep 30, 2011