Markets extend gains in afternoon (Second Lead)February 9th, 2009 - 4:31 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 9 (IANS) Indian equities markets made further gains in the afternoon trade Monday. Nearly 90 minutes before the closing bell, a key index was trading 1.9 percent higher than its previous close.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 9,359 points, was trading at 9,477.68 points, up 1.9 percent or 176.82 points.
The BSE midcap index was trading 1.23 percent higher, while the BSE smallcap was up 1.32 percent.
At the same time, the broader-based S&P CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was at 2,899.75 points, 1.99 percent higher than its previous close of 2,843.1 points.
- Sensex weak, IT, capital goods under selling pressure - Mar 19, 2012
- Sensex holds on to gains, metals, realty scrips gain - Mar 13, 2012
- Markets start week in the green - Feb 09, 2009
- Sensex rallies in last hour, closes 160 points higher (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Sensex dull in afternoon trade (Lead) - Apr 06, 2011
- Sensex in red, realty stocks lose - Apr 28, 2011
- Sensex rises 439.22 points; bank, metal stocks up - Jul 02, 2012
- Sensex rises 285 points, snaps four-day fall (Roundup) - Feb 28, 2012
- Sensex slips from day's highs - May 26, 2011
- Sensex pares Monday losses, closes 288 points up (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Sensex snaps 3-week losing streak, gains 483 points (Weekly market review) - Feb 19, 2011
- Sensex ruling moderately higher as rate cut hopes fade - Mar 12, 2012
- Sensex closes 355 points higher (Third Lead) - Apr 20, 2011
- Sensex rises on positive global cues - Mar 09, 2012
- Sensex edges up but ends lower for second consecutive week (Roundup) - Mar 02, 2012