Markets end day at a loss (Third Lead)January 12th, 2009 - 5:19 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 12 (IANS) Indian equities shut shop in the red Monday with a key index shedding 3.18 percent over the previous closing figure.The sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) was down 3.18 percent or 299.16 points Monday (provisional) ending trade at 9,107.31 points.
The Sensex opened at 9,316.33 points Monday, lower than its previous close of 9,406.47 Friday.
The broader S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) performed similarly and closed at 2,799.90 points, 2.54 percent lower.
Other market indices also fell, with BSE’s midcap index trading 2.34 percent lower and the smallcap index shedding 1.64 percent.
- Sensex falls for third straight week on negative cues (Weekly Market Review) - May 12, 2012
- Markets continue to fall (Lead) - Jan 12, 2009
- Market slump continues (Second Lead) - Jan 12, 2009
- Markets fall at opening bell - Jan 12, 2009
- Indian markets dip on profit booking (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Volatile trade keeps markets on a see-saw (Weekly Markets Roundup) - Jan 17, 2009
- Sensex slides 127 points on poor industrial show (Lead) - May 11, 2012
- Sensex weak, IT, capital goods under selling pressure - Mar 19, 2012
- Sensex falls 155 points, first weekly loss in 2012 (Roundup) - Feb 24, 2012
- Sensex gives up early gains (Lead) - May 09, 2011
- Sensex rises 31 points; oil and gas, PSU stocks up - Sep 13, 2012
- Sensex slips to day's low (Lead) - Dec 15, 2010
- Sensex flat in noon trade - Mar 07, 2012
- Sensex rises in afternoon trade, capital goods scrips lead - Mar 21, 2012
- Sensex slips into red as IT stocks fall - Jan 12, 2012