Markets drop sharply at opening bellJanuary 30th, 2009 - 11:45 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 30 (IANS) Indian equities markets fell sharply at the opening bell Friday, with a key index starting more than 125 points below its last closing figure.The sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) opened at 9,111.12 points, lower than its 9,236.28-points close Thursday. After about 10 minutes of trading, it had fallen further to 9,101.94 points, 1.45 percent or 134.34 points lower than its previous close.
At the same time, the S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was at 2,780.45 points, 1.54 percent down from its last close of 2,823.95.
The BSE midcap index was down 0.86 percent, while the BSE smallcap index was 0.18 percent lower than its previous close.
- Sensex in red, realty, banking under selling - Mar 26, 2012
- Sensex continues to trade lacklustre, RIL soars (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Sensex pares losses, closes 45 points up (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Sensex closes 139 points lower (Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- Indian equities markets listless in noon trade (Lead) - May 19, 2011
- Sensex edges up but ends lower for second consecutive week (Roundup) - Mar 02, 2012
- Sensex closes 64 points up (Lead) - Mar 02, 2012
- Sensex closes 282 points down (Second Lead) - Jan 27, 2011
- Sensex gives up early gains (Lead) - May 09, 2011
- Sensex rises in afternoon trade, capital goods scrips lead - Mar 21, 2012
- Sensex closes 40 points down on weak industrial data - Aug 09, 2012
- Sensex languishes in afternoon trade - Mar 29, 2012
- Sensex down 46 points; oil and gas, IT stocks fall (Roundup) - Sep 18, 2012
- Sensex closes 162 points lower (Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Sensex closes flat in choppy trade (Lead) - May 25, 2012