Markets down, key index sheds 241 points (Third Lead)December 23rd, 2008 - 5:43 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 23 (IANS) Indian equities markets were subdued Tuesday, with a key index losing 2.43 percent (provisionally) over Monday’s close.The sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) closed trading at 9,686.75 points amid continued selling, a fall of 241.6 points or 2.43 percent from its previous close of 9,928.35 points.
S&P CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was also going through a slump, closing 2.37 percent lower at 2,967.15 points.
Broader Market indices also fell with the midcap index going down 2.51 percent and the smallcap index shedding 2.5 percent over its previous close.
- Political tension, heavy selling add to markets' despair (Weekly Roundup) - Dec 27, 2008
- Sensex fluctuates wildly, now down 251 points (Second Lead) - Jan 14, 2011
- Sensex closes 282 points down (Second Lead) - Jan 27, 2011
- Equities markets close lower (Third Lead) - Dec 24, 2008
- Sensex closes dull, IT, metal stocks lose (Second Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Sensex dips moderately after two-day rise (Roundup) - Jan 04, 2012
- Sensex soars 314 points, Tata Steel stocks gain (Lead) - Sep 07, 2012
- Markets fall second day in a row (Roundup) - Dec 23, 2008
- Indian equities close flat (Second Lead) - Jun 09, 2011
- Sensex closes 79 points high (Second Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Sensex rises 37 points; power, FMCG stocks up - Jun 28, 2012
- Sensex closes 284 points lower (Second Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Sensex closes 18 points down (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- Sensex closes flat on derivatives expiry, weak European cues (Roundup) - Jun 28, 2012
- Sensex closes 148 points down (Lead) - Jul 09, 2012