Markets continue to fall in afternoon (Second Lead)February 17th, 2009 - 4:20 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 17 (IANS) Indian equities slipped further Tuesday afternoon, with a key index ruling 3.02 percent lower than its previous close an hour before end of trade.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange was trading at 9,024.61 points, down 3.02 percent or 280.84 points.
The BSE midcap index was ruling 2.21 percent lower, while the BSE smallcap was down 2.22 percent.
The broader-based S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was at 2,770.85 points, 2.73 percent lower than its last close.
- Sensex weak in morning trade - Sep 23, 2010
- Sensex up 144 points in noon trade - May 10, 2012
- Sensex crosses 20,000 mark in morning trade - Dec 03, 2010
- Sensex closes 37 points up (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
- Sensex closes flat in choppy trade (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Indian markets dip on profit booking (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Sensex closes 35 points down (Second Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Sensex falls 302 points, banking stocks slump - May 07, 2012
- Sensex rises 47 points; capital goods, power stocks up - Jun 20, 2012
- Sensex plunges in late trade, closes 345 points lower (Lead) - Nov 19, 2010
- Sensex slips 477 points on high crude prices, profit booking (Roundup) - Feb 27, 2012
- Sensex moves up after weak start - Dec 13, 2010
- Sensex off day's highs, holding in green - Mar 20, 2012
- Sensex marginally down at 16,878 points - May 08, 2012
- Sensex ruling dull in morning trade - Dec 14, 2010