Markets continue to fall amid profit booking (Second Lead)December 23rd, 2008 - 4:07 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 23 (IANS) Indian equities markets continued their downward slide Tuesday amid heavy selling, with a key index trading 2.66 percent down around 2 p.m. from its previous close. The sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) was trading at 9,664.16 points, a fall of 264.19 points or 2.66 percent from its previous close of 9,928.35 points.
Broader S&P CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was also going through a slump, trading 2.64 percent lower at 2,959 points.
Broader market indices at the Sensex also dipped with the midcap index falling 2.51 percent and the smallcap index shedding 2.29 percent compared to Monday’s close.
Among Asian markets, the Hang Seng, a key index of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, fell 3.1 percent.
- Sensex in red in opening trade - Jun 15, 2011
- Sensex down; consumer durables, auto stocks fall - Jul 18, 2012
- Sensex falls for third straight week on negative cues (Weekly Market Review) - May 12, 2012
- RBI measures fail to cheer market, Sensex falls 43 points (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Sensex fluctuates wildly, now down 251 points (Second Lead) - Jan 14, 2011
- Markets quiet in noon trade, FMCG, IT scrips gain - Mar 23, 2012
- Sensex up 11 points in noon trade - May 09, 2012
- Sensex continues subdued; realty, consumer durables stocks lose (Lead) - Jun 15, 2011
- Sensex gives up early gains, broader markets holding on (Lead) - May 30, 2011
- Sensex manages to build on rally, closes 100 points up - Sep 08, 2011
- Indian equities fall after opening higher - Mar 18, 2011
- Sensex goes past the 16,000-mark (Lead) - Jan 10, 2012
- Sensex declines 66 points, metal, consumer durables down - Jul 25, 2012
- Telecom scrips push Sensex higher - Feb 02, 2012
- Sensex slides 127 points on poor industrial show (Lead) - May 11, 2012