Markets continue in the red in afternoon (Second Lead)February 11th, 2009 - 4:06 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 11 (IANS) Indian equities markets continued in the red Wednesday afternoon, with a key index ruling 0.31 percent lower than its previous close about 90 minutes before the closing bell.The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 9,462.14 points, was trading at 9,608.78 points, down 0.31 percent or 29.95 points.
Among broader market indices, the BSE midcap index was trading 0.15 percent higher, while the BSE smallcap was up 0.07 percent.
At the same time, the broader-based S&P CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was at 2,927.8 points, 0.23 percent lower than its previous close of 2,934.5 points.
- Sensex continues subdued; realty, consumer durables stocks lose (Lead) - Jun 15, 2011
- Indian equities fall at opening bell - Feb 11, 2009
- Sensex slumps 24 percent in 2011 (Roundup) - Dec 30, 2011
- Sensex closes 139 points lower (Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- Sensex ends dull, broader markets slip too (Second Lead) - May 18, 2011
- Sensex ruling lower, IT, telecom drag broader markets - Jun 17, 2011
- Sensex 52 points up; IT, power stocks high (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Sensex closes 345 points up on tax clarification - Mar 30, 2012
- Sensex closes 105 points up, at three-week high (Roundup) - Mar 14, 2012
- Sensex hits six-week low on European debt woes - Nov 17, 2011
- Another weak day for Indian equities, Sensex slips 258 points (Roundup) - May 05, 2011
- Sensex falls 89 points; yearly loss widens to 24 percent (Lead) - Dec 30, 2011
- Sensex weak in morning trade - Jan 14, 2011
- Sensex closes 108 points down, mid, small scrips lose heavily - Aug 16, 2011
- Sensex muted in morning trade - Apr 07, 2011