Markets close on a high (Third Lead)January 14th, 2009 - 5:44 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 14 (IANS) The Indian equities markets wrapped up trade on a high Wednesday though profit booking ensued towards closing time, with a key index closing about 3.3 percent above its previous close.The sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) shut shop at 9,370.49 points, 3.3 percent or 299.13 points higher than its previous close.
The broader S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) also closed higher at 2,835.3 points, up 90.35 points or 3.29 percent.
Other market indices like the BSE midcap index gained 1.9 percent while the smallcap index rose 1.26 percent.
- Markets close on a high, short-covering helps (Roundup) - Jan 14, 2009
- Sensex holds on to highs in afternoon trade (Lead) - Jan 03, 2012
- Sensex closes 207 points up, banking, realty, auto stocks rally (Roundup) - Apr 17, 2012
- Sensex builds on morning gains, up 370 points in afternoon (Lead) - May 13, 2011
- Sensex closes 204 points down amid negative global cues (Roundup) - Aug 02, 2011
- Sensex rises 31 points; oil and gas, PSU stocks up - Sep 13, 2012
- Sensex pares Monday losses, closes 288 points up (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Asian cues help Sensex rise 245 points in noon trade - Jan 17, 2012
- Sensex rallies in last hour, closes 160 points higher (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Sensex closes 200 points up as futures expiry nears - Aug 22, 2011
- Sensex closes 115 points up (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- Sensex closes 347 points up (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- Volatile trade keeps markets on a see-saw (Weekly Markets Roundup) - Jan 17, 2009
- Sensex rebounds, close 176 points higher (Second Lead) - Dec 13, 2010
- Sensex closes 282 points down (Second Lead) - Jan 27, 2011