Markets close marginally higher (Second Lead)March 4th, 2009 - 5:17 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 4 (IANS) Indian equities closed marginally in the green Wednesday, with a key index gaining 0.37 percent.The 30-scrip Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) sensitive index (Sensex), which opened at 8,473.25 points, closed at 8,458.53 points (provisional), a rise of 31.24 points or 0.37 percent from its previous close.
Similarly, the S&P CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) gained 1.09 percent from its last close to end at 2,650.9 points.
However, broader market indices like the BSE midcap index closed 0.24 percent lower, while the BSE smallcap index was down 0.59 percent.
- Sensex closes 74 points down (Second Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Indian markets sluggish, ape Asian peers - Feb 14, 2012
- Sensex rises 87 points, power, IT stocks up - Jun 27, 2012
- Sensex closes flat amid volatility (Second Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Sensex rallies in last hour, closes 160 points higher (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Sensex closes 115 points up (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- Sensex ends 69 points lower (Lead) - Aug 20, 2010
- Sensex rises 109 points higher, IT, telecom stocks gain - Aug 17, 2011
- Sensex closes 64 points up (Lead) - Mar 02, 2012
- Sensex rises 40 points; metal, consumer durable stocks up - Jul 04, 2012
- Poor IIP figures pull Sensex down 116 points (Roundup) - Jun 10, 2011
- Sensex in green; realty, power stocks gain - Jan 13, 2012
- Sensex closes 61 points up; metal, power stocks rise (Roundup) - Jun 27, 2012
- Sensex down; consumer durables, auto stocks fall - Jul 18, 2012
- Sensex pares gains, ends flat (Lead) - May 24, 2010