Markets close marginally down (Second Lead)February 24th, 2009 - 5:31 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 24 (IANS) Indian equities markets closed marginally down after the government’s excise duty cut announcement prompted a late surge Tuesday. A key index closed 0.16 percent below its previous close.
The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) Sensitive Index (Sensex), which opened at 8,707.35 points, was at 8,828.72 points (provisional), a decrease of 14.49 points or 0.16 percent from its last close.
The S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) ended at 2,731.10 points, 0.2 percent down from its last close of 2,736.45 points.
The BSE midcap index was 1.92 percent lower, while the BSE smallcap index was down 1.41 percent.
- Sensex closes 18 points higher (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Sensex rises 17 points; oil, gas, power stocks up - Jun 26, 2012
- Sensex closes 64 points up (Lead) - Mar 02, 2012
- Sensex closes in red (Second Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- Sensex rallies 226 points on European cues (Roundup) - Jul 10, 2012
- Sensex rallies in last hour, closes 160 points higher (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Sensex closes 87 points lower (Lead) - Feb 07, 2012
- Sensex down 31 points, banking, realty stocks fall - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex quiet in morning trade - Jan 04, 2012
- Sensex gains 146 points, auto banking stocks up (Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Sensex marginally down at 16,878 points - May 08, 2012
- Sensex zooms 123 points up, FII interest intact (Roundup) - Feb 09, 2012
- Sensex closes flat, broader markets gain (Lead) - Apr 01, 2011
- Sensex closes flat, FMCG, PSU stocks up (Second Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- Sensex dull on futures expiry day - Jul 29, 2010