Markets close lower on year’s last day (Third Lead)December 31st, 2008 - 5:45 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 31 (IANS) Indian equities markets ended the last day of the year in the red, with a key index Wednesday closing 0.71 percent lower than its previous close.The sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) ended the day’s trade at 9,647.31 points, a fall of 68.85 points or 0.71 percent from its previous close of 9,716.16 points.
The broader S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) closed 0.68 percent lower at 2,959.15 points.
However, other market indices were trading higher, with BSE’s midcap index gaining 0.59 percent and smallcap index going up 1.31 percent.
- Markets fall on year's last day of trade (Roundup) - Dec 31, 2008
- Sensex down 43 points, IT stocks fall - Sep 04, 2012
- Sensex up 114 points in early trade - Mar 31, 2011
- High investor confidence drives markets upwards (Weekly Roundup) - Jan 03, 2009
- Sensex closes 104 points down, realty, bank stocks slump (Roundup) - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex ruling in green; realty, consumer durables gain - Mar 06, 2012
- Sensex closes 200 points lower (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- Sensex slips below 18,000 points - Feb 24, 2012
- Sensex weak, IT, capital goods under selling pressure - Mar 19, 2012
- Sensex in red in afternoon trade, consumer durables slip - Mar 28, 2012
- Sensex in red; realty, capital goods scrips see selling - Mar 01, 2012
- Sensex down 75 points, Jindal Steel slumps (Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- Sensex closes 37 points up (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
- Sensex slips in morning trade - Jan 06, 2012
- Sensex closes 56 points higher, realty oil and gas rise (Second Lead) - Sep 04, 2012