Markets close in the red (Third Lead)January 29th, 2009 - 5:24 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 29 (IANS) Indian equities markets shut shop in negative terrain Thursday, with a key index falling 0.64 percent from its previous close.The sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) was at 9,198.42 points (provisional), down 0.64 percent or 59.05 points. It had opened at 9,334.47 points, higher than its Wednesday close of 9,257.47 points.
At the same time, the S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) closed at 2,807.8 points, 1.46 percent lower than its previous close of 2,849.5.
Broader market indices were also down with the BSE midcap index ending trade 0.54 percent lower and BSE smallcap falling 0.07 percent.
- Markets fall after early gains (Second Lead) - Jan 29, 2009
- Fuel cuts fail to prop Markets (Roundup) - Jan 29, 2009
- Markets open in the green - Jan 29, 2009
- Sensex closes flat in choppy trade (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Sensex closes 132 points down (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Poor IIP figures pull Sensex down 116 points (Roundup) - Jun 10, 2011
- Sensex plunges 277 points on weak global cues (Roundup) - Apr 23, 2012
- Sensex closes 50 points lower on S&P; warning (Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Sensex closes 40 points down on weak industrial data - Aug 09, 2012
- Sensex closes 60 points down (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Sensex in red, range-bound (Lead) - Jun 08, 2011
- Sensex closes 172 points lower (Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
- Sensex in red in afternoon trade, consumer durables slip - Mar 28, 2012
- Sensex recovers, closes 165 points up on value buying (Roundup) - Mar 23, 2012
- Sensex dips on profit taking (Lead) - Apr 05, 2011