Markets close in the green (Third Lead)February 26th, 2009 - 5:31 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 26 (IANS) Indian equities markets closed just about in the green Thursday, with a key index ending trade 0.59 percent higher than its previous close.
The 30-scrip Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) Sensitive Index (Sensex), which opened at 8,905.56 points, pulled its shutters at 8,954.86 points, up 0.59 percent or 52.3 points.
The S&P CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) closed at 2,789.55 points, 0.98 percent higher than its last close of 2,762.5 points.
The BSE midcap index was 0.09 percent higher, while the BSE smallcap index was down 0.7 percent.
- Markets pull back into green as blue chip scrips rise (Roundup) - Feb 26, 2009
- Sensex pares early gains, still 390 points up (Lead) - Sep 21, 2012
- Indian markets slip on opening - Feb 26, 2009
- Bulls edge forward as markets end tamely (Weekly market review) - Feb 28, 2009
- Sensex zooms 123 points up, FII interest intact (Roundup) - Feb 09, 2012
- Sensex falls sharply in early trade - Nov 23, 2010
- Sensex dull in morning trade - Oct 07, 2010
- Sensex ruling moderately higher as rate cut hopes fade - Mar 12, 2012
- Sensex jumps 443 points on US stimulus, diesel price hike (Roundup) - Sep 14, 2012
- Sensex falls 100 points on weak Asian cues - Apr 04, 2012
- Sensex closes flat, technology stocks rise (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Sensex rises in afternoon trade, capital goods scrips lead - Mar 21, 2012
- Sensex rises 154 points; auto, tech stocks climb - Oct 24, 2011
- Markets remain flat, Sensex down 0.4 percent (Second Lead) - Feb 26, 2009
- Sensex up 115 points in early trade - Nov 25, 2010