Markets close in green (Third Lead)January 16th, 2009 - 5:29 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 16 (IANS) The Indian equities markets closed positive Friday with a key index shutting shop 3.06 percent higher, almost reversing Thursday’s losses.The sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) was up 3.06 percent or 276.85 points from its previous close and ended trade at 9,323.59 points.
The Sensex opened at 9,125.65 points Friday, higher than Thursday’s close of 9,046.74.
Similarly, the broader S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) ended at 2,828.6 points, 3.36 percent above its previous close.
Other market indices like the BSE midcap index gained 0.53 percent while the smallcap index rose marginally by 0.07 percent.
- Markets swing back, recoup most of Thursday losses (Roundup) - Jan 16, 2009
- Volatile trade keeps markets on a see-saw (Weekly Markets Roundup) - Jan 17, 2009
- Sensex closes 95 points up, IT realty stocks high (Second Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Sensex rebounds 274 points as rupee recovers (Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Sensex closes 176 points higher despite dull global cues (Roundup) - Jun 23, 2011
- Sensex ends 123 points down, global cues negative (Roundup) - Jul 30, 2010
- Sensex rises 52 points health care, FMCG stocks up (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Sensex ruling in green; realty, consumer durables gain - Mar 06, 2012
- Sensex snaps six-day rally on profit booking (Roundup) - Jul 01, 2011
- Sensex closes 61 points up; metal, power stocks rise (Roundup) - Jun 27, 2012
- Sensex dips 257 points; Infosys, Wipro slump (Roundup) - Jul 12, 2012
- Sensex gains 215 points on normal rains outlook (Weekly market review) - Apr 22, 2011
- Sensex 80 points high on strong global cues - Sep 06, 2012
- Sensex closes a tad high; metal, capital goods stocks up (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Sensex closes flat in choppy trade (Lead) - May 25, 2012