Markets close in green (Roundup)August 22nd, 2008 - 6:42 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 22 (IANS) The Indian equity markets closed in green Friday. The 30-share benchmark of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) sensitive index (Sensex), which opened at 14,153.39 points, touched a high of 14,428.52 points before closing at 14,401.49 points. It went up by 157.76 points or 1.11 percent at the day’s close.
The National Stock Exchange (NSE) S & P Nifty, which opened at 4,283.85 points, closed at 4,327.45 points. It went up by 43.60 points or 1.02 percent.
The BSE Midcap index, which closed at 5,726.85 points, went up by 19.39 points or 0.34 percent.
The BSE Smallcap index, which closed at 6,925.85 points, went down by 11.17 points or 0.16 percent.
The market breadth was negative. On the BSE, 1,209 shares advanced, 1,414 declined and 102 maintained status quo.
Top gainers of the day included Sterlite at Rs. 600.70 up 4.34 percent, Hindalco at Rs. 129.05 up 4.26 percent, and Hindustan Unilever Ltd at Rs. 236.05 up 3.73 percent.
Top losers of the day included Satyam Computer at Rs.399.1 down 3.18 percent, Grasim Industries at Rs. 1,965.45 down 1.85 percent, and NTPC Ltd at Rs. 173.50 down 1.70 percent.
- Equity markets close in green (Second Lead) - Aug 22, 2008
- Equity markets post losses for second week in row (Weekly Market Review) - Aug 23, 2008
- Sensex closes 95 points up, IT realty stocks high (Second Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Sensex closes 194 points up; IT, power stocks rise (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Sensex falls 59 points as bearish mood prevails (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Sensex closes 40 points down on weak industrial data - Aug 09, 2012
- Sensex closes 86 points higher; realty, IT index up (Roundup) - Sep 11, 2012
- Sensex closes 194 points up, IT, power stocks rise (Roundup) - Aug 21, 2012
- Sensex closes 43 points high (Second lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex marginally up; metal, healthcare stocks rally - Sep 10, 2012
- Sensex zooms 446 points on hopes of more policy reforms - Sep 21, 2012
- Sensex 52 points up; IT, power stocks high (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Sensex up marginally; bank, healthcare stocks gain - Sep 11, 2012
- Sensex closes flat (Second Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Sensex continues 5-week rally, closes 102 points higher (Roundup) - Feb 06, 2012