Mariah can harm us, says Neeraj Grover’s motherJuly 2nd, 2011 - 3:17 pm ICT by IANS
Kanpur, July 2 (IANS) Neelam Grover, mother of slain television executive Neeraj Grover, says that she fears a threat to her life from Kannada actress Mariah Susairaj, who was released from jail Saturday after being acquitted in her son’s murder case.
“I fear threat to my life… She can cause damage to us anytime after she has been released from the jail,” Neelam Grover said.
“I wish she should not be allowed to move out of Mumbai in any condition… She is a liar, she can harm us and even hatch a conspiracy against us,” she added.
Neeraj’s parents also objected to the “police security” provided to Susairaj when she emerged out of the jail.
“It’s surprising… A criminal is enjoying police protection. Now who is going to protect the common man,” asked Neeraj’s father Amarnath Grover.
“Though I am ready to hear her (Mariah) if she wishes to make any point, but under any circumstances I would not approach her first,” he added.
Mariah was sentenced to three years imprisonment Friday by a Mumbai court for destroying evidence in the Neeraj Grover murder case. Since she had already served more than three years as an undertrial, she was ordered to be released once she paid the compensation amount of Rs.50,000 to the victim’s family.
Her co-accused and fiance, ex-naval officer Emile Jerome Mathew, was sentenced to 10 years jail term after the court found him “guilty of culpable homicide not amounting to murder”.
In 2008, Neeraj Grover was killed in a flat in Malad West, 25 km from Mumbai. His body was hacked into pieces and disposed of near Manor in Thane.
- Actress Mariah Susairaj set free (Lead) - Jul 02, 2011
- Actress Mariah Susairaj set free - Jul 02, 2011
- Ex-naval officer found guilty of TV executive's killing - Jun 30, 2011
- Letter campaign to seek 'justice' for Neeraj Grover - Jul 05, 2011
- Jerome gets 10 years in jail, Susairaj three - Jul 01, 2011
- Ex-navy man, starlet sentenced for TV executive's murder (Lead) - Jul 01, 2011
- Procession, candle-light vigil against Neeraj Grover judgement (Lead) - Jul 03, 2011
- Mathew turns against Maria, files plea against conviction - Jul 17, 2011
- TV executive murder case convict refused bail - Dec 20, 2011
- Protest in Mumbai over Neeraj Grover judgement - Jul 03, 2011
- Candlelight vigil for slain TV executive in Delhi - Jul 02, 2011
- If I've a role for Maria Susairaj, I won't hesitate: RGV - Aug 12, 2011
- Justice not given to Grover family: Raza Murad - Jul 04, 2011
- They deserved death penalty: Grover's father - Jul 01, 2011
- Grover killing: Maharashtra appeals for stringent punishment - Oct 05, 2011
Tags: amarnath, common man, culpable homicide, destroying evidence, fiance, grover, imprisonment, jail term, kanpur, malad, mathew, mumbai court, murder case, neelam, neeraj, police protection, police security, rs 50, television executive, undertrial