Marathi actor arrested in Goa parlour raidSeptember 7th, 2012 - 12:24 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Sep 7 (IANS) Marathi actor Sachit Pati was arrested along with five others when police raided a Goa massage parlour and rescued five women, officials said Friday.
The six were arrested late Thursday.
Pati, who has acted in several Marathi films, is a leading name in Marathi television serials as well. He was present at the Lotus beauty parlour in Porvorim, located a short distance from here, when police raided the place and rescued five young masseurs and stylists, who were forced to double up as sex workers.
“Six people have been arrested. This includes Sachit and another patron, three employees and a woman who was coordinating the activities of the parlour,” said police inspector Rahul Parab, adding that four of the women rescued were brought all the way from Darjeeling, while one woman hailed from Mumbai.
“They were given false promises of jobs as receptionists in Goa’s hotels but ended up here in a massage parlour,” Parab said.
Auda Viegas, a women’s rights activist who accompanied police on the raid, said the women were being kept in an inhuman condition.
“Under the facade of massage parlour something else was going on. The girls were also kept under inhuman conditions in a small cubicle, after they did what they were told to do in the massage parlour. They could not even communicate with anyone,” Viegas said.
- Five women rescued from Goa 'massage parlour' - Sep 07, 2012
- Trafficking of Thai women in Goa salons - Sep 03, 2012
- Man arrested for raping minor in Goa - Apr 04, 2011
- Beijing police crack down on prostitution - Jul 13, 2012
- Young Malay men lured into life of vice by 'massage parlours' - Dec 27, 2010
- 11-year-old girl raped on Goa beach - Mar 16, 2011
- Australian woman alleges molestation in Goa - Oct 27, 2010
- 22 Chinese women rescued from forced prostitution - Aug 14, 2011
- Sex workers rescued from Goa nightclub - Dec 05, 2011
- Constable forces woman to have sex, arrested - Aug 27, 2011
- 28 held for sex racket in Jharkhand - Aug 11, 2010
- Indians fight trafficking slur in Nepal - Nov 22, 2010
- Goa women's groups seek criminal case against cop - Dec 07, 2009
- Malaysian men getting hitched to foreign women for a price - Feb 20, 2011
- Fiji's massage parlours operating as brothels - Feb 28, 2011
Tags: beauty parlour, cubicle, darjeeling, facade, false promises, five women, goa, inhuman condition, inhuman conditions, lotus, massage parlour, masseurs, mumbai, patron, police inspector, rahul, receptionists, rights activist, sex workers, television serials