Marandi demands fresh elections in JharkhandFebruary 18th, 2009 - 3:25 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Feb 18 (IANS) The Jharkhand Vikas Morcha-Democratic (JVM-D) led by former chief minister Babulal Marandi Wednesday held protest demonstrations outside the governor’s house here, demanding fresh elections in the state.
“We demand dissolution of the state assembly and fresh polls should be held along with Lok Sabha elections,” Marandi told the media as he was leading the demonstration.
The state assembly has been put in suspended animation, which is under president’s rule since Jan 19. Last chief minister Shibu Soren stepped down following defeat in a by-election that he needed to win to remain in power.
Soren’s government was the fourth to fall without completing its term after the March 2005 state assembly elections.
“Enough is enough. Jharkhand is not ready for further experiments. The state has seen four governments in the last four years. If any move is made to form the fifth government (with present elected representatives of the assembly) it will promote horse trading,” Marandi said.
“People of the state are fed up with the experiments. Fresh mandate is also the opinion of the people of the state,” he said.
- BJP to back JMM candidates if it joins NDA - Apr 16, 2012
- Marandi's party to stay away from Rajya Sabha poll - Apr 23, 2012
- Pranab campaigns in Jharkhand, Lalu, Paswan also pitch in - Jul 12, 2012
- Hopeful getting Mamata's support, says Pranab (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- JVM-P not averse to forming government with Congress - May 26, 2010
- BJP withdraws support, Soren given week to prove majority (Roundup) - May 24, 2010
- Police complaint against Jharkhand BJP president - Jul 02, 2011
- Marandi dares Soren to fight poll from Bokaro - Apr 12, 2010
- Jharkhand vote count finally to end president's rule - Dec 22, 2009
- Munda faces tough by-poll as campaigning ends - Feb 08, 2011
- Marandi seeking Maoist help to win Jamshedpur by-poll: Munda - Jun 30, 2011
- Marandi ends hunger strike - May 08, 2011
- Jharkhand legislators against fresh polls - Jun 12, 2010
- With RS horse trading reports, Jharkhand in news for wrong reasons - Mar 31, 2012
- Ahuwalia files nomination for Jharkhand Rajya Sabha poll - Apr 21, 2012