Maoists torture, kill two Home Guards (Lead)February 26th, 2012 - 6:13 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Feb 26 (IANS) Maoists have tortured and killed two Home Guards who had been missing since Jan 31, police said Sunday.
The bodies of Moriyam Mangu and Anand Jasba, in their 20s, were found Saturday by a road in a jungle area in Cherpal in Bijapur district, some 450 km south of here.
The outlawed group Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist) killed them for defying their orders, a police official said.
The police headquarters here said leaflets were found near the bodies which claimed the two were killed at a ‘Jan Adalat’ or People’s Court for “committing offences against the public”.
The injury marks on the bodies suggested the two men were tortured, the officer said.
One of the leaflets asked youths in the tribal region not to join the police.
Bijapur is among the seven districts that forms mineral-rich Bastar region where Maoists have held sway in the interiors since late 1980s.
- Maoists torture and kill two cops at public court - Feb 26, 2012
- Maoists kill six cops in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - Oct 21, 2011
- After attack, Chhattisgarh hunts for Maoists - Oct 22, 2011
- Chhattisgarh on high alert after Kishanji's killing - Nov 25, 2011
- Chhattisgarh on alert against Maoist strike - Aug 14, 2011
- Seven Maoists arrested in Chhattisgarh - Jan 06, 2011
- Maoists block highway, damage rail track in Chhattisgarh - Dec 05, 2011
- Chhattisgarh ups security after Maoists threat - Jan 25, 2011
- 10 killed as Maoists trap police party in ambush (Third Lead) - Aug 20, 2011
- Six held in raids at Maoists hideout - Mar 19, 2011
- Tribal killed by Maoists - Aug 11, 2011
- 50kg bomb recovered in Chhattisgarh - Dec 03, 2011
- Two Maoists killed Chhattisgarh gunbattle (Lead) - Aug 01, 2011
- Bastar deserted due to Maoist shutdown - Jul 29, 2011
- Two killed in Chhattisgarh on Maoist stir's first day (Lead) - May 21, 2011