Maoists target security forces’ vehicle in JharkhandApril 4th, 2009 - 7:08 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, April 4 (IANS) Maoist rebels in Jharkhand Saturday attacked a vehicle being used to ferry luggage of security forces going to the state for the Lok Sabha poll, police said. No security personnel were in the vehicle at that time.
According to the police, rebels belonging to the outlawed Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist) triggered a landmine as the vehicle was passing near Bareni village of Latehar district, 130 km from Ranchi.
Though the front portion of vehicle was damaged in the blast, the driver managed to escape unhurt. The vehicle was carrying luggage of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel.
Ahead of Lok Sabha elections, Maoist rebels are targeting government buildings in rural areas to prevent security personnel from staying in them. In the last week, six government buildings have been blown up.
Maoists are active in 18 of the 24 districts of the state. About 1,450 people have been killed in Maoist-related violence in the last eight years.
- Maoists blow up 11th government building in Jharkhand - Apr 10, 2009
- Three Maoists held with claymore mines - Apr 23, 2011
- Maoists bomb BJP leader's house, school in Jharkhand - Apr 02, 2009
- Hardcore Maoist held in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Maoist commander arrested in Jharkhand - Oct 11, 2010
- Maoist leader arrested in Jharkhand with landmines - Sep 13, 2009
- Two injured in landmine blast in Jharkhand - Mar 08, 2009
- Three Maoists arrested - Mar 09, 2010
- Eight troopers killed as Maoists blast CRPF vehicle - May 09, 2010
- Three killed as rival Maoist groups clash - Aug 29, 2010
- Maoists blast school, attack police station in Jharkhand - Dec 06, 2011
- 11 cops die in Jharkhand landmine blast (Lead) - Jun 10, 2009
- Maoists may undertake major offensive in Jharkhand: Police - Feb 12, 2012
- CRPF trooper hurt, eight landmines found in Jharkhand - Aug 03, 2012
- 17 landmines recovered in Jharkhand - Aug 09, 2011