Maoists set ablaze 25 tractors at construction siteMarch 18th, 2009 - 1:15 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, March 18 (IANS) Suspected Maoist guerrillas set ablaze 25 tractors belonging to a private company constructing an embankment in a Bihar village, police said Wednesday.
The incident took place Tuesday night in Adalpur village in flood-prone Sheohar district.
Police suspect that the more than 100 armed Maoist guerrillas, who attacked the construction site and set on fire 25 tractors, did so after the construction company failed to pay 10 percent levy to them.
“Most of the officials and workers engaged in construction of the embankment fled after the attack,” said an official.
- More embankments to control floods in Bihar - Jul 05, 2011
- Maoists release abducted labourers in Jharkhand - Feb 21, 2012
- Maoists set machines on fire in Bihar - Mar 13, 2010
- Maoists torch excavator in Odisha - Jul 20, 2012
- Maoists torch road construction firm's machines - Feb 06, 2010
- No trace of abducted workers in Jharkhand - Feb 20, 2012
- Maoists set ablaze bus - Sep 15, 2010
- Maoists kill five people in Bihar - May 22, 2010
- Maoists torch two excavators in Bihar - Apr 05, 2011
- Bihar floods worsen, over 100 villages inundated - Jul 04, 2011
- Maoists attack company site, torch vehicles - Oct 25, 2011
- Maoists release 15 abducted in Bihar - Nov 05, 2011
- Maoists torch construction equipments in Odisha - Jul 10, 2012
- Maoists blast bridge, torch trucks in Bihar - Mar 23, 2012
- Maoists torch vehicles in Orissa - Dec 10, 2011