‘Maoists’ network more capable than government machinery’August 22nd, 2011 - 3:03 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Aug 22 (IANS) Referring to the rising killings of policemen in Chhattisgarh, Congress leader and former chief minister Ajit Jogi Monday said that Maoists’ network was more capable than government machinery in the state.
“Maoists are easily getting each and every information about the police in the state’s Bastar region and that clearly shows that they (Maoists) have better and more capable network than the government machinery,” Jogi said in a statement.
Referring to Aug 19 ambush in Bastar’s Bijapur district in which 11 policemen and a civilian were killed, the Congress leader said the casualties could have been avoided if the government had an effective intelligence gathering network system.
“The government intelligence is in slumber for years in Bastar where Maoists are orchestrating one killing after another. On Friday too, the precious lives of cops would have been saved if the government had better intelligence network system,” Jogi added.
He advised the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government to convene an immediate all-party meet as the ruling party alone was not able to find a way to tackle the fast rising Maoists problem.
He suggested Chief Minister Raman Singh to have a dialogue with Maoists, whom the police estimate to be over 10,000 in numbers in the state.
- Chhattisgarh fears more red strikes - Aug 20, 2011
- 10 killed as Maoists trap police party in ambush (Third Lead) - Aug 20, 2011
- 10 killed as Maoists ambush police party (Second Lead) - Aug 20, 2011
- Two deadly attacks in Chhatttisgarh, 15 cops killed (Third Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- 10 cops killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attack (Lead) - Aug 19, 2011
- Chhattisgarh begins disarming Salwa Judum - Jul 06, 2011
- After attack, Chhattisgarh hunts for Maoists - Oct 22, 2011
- Prolonged peace in Chhattisgarh surprises top cops - Mar 03, 2012
- BJP government has no control in Bastar: Ajit Jogi - Apr 30, 2011
- Maoists ambush security patrol in Chhattisgarh, kill five (Night Lead) - Aug 29, 2010
- 10 Chhattisgarh cops killed in Maoist attack (Second Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Maoists desperate for repeat of Dantewada massacre: Police - Mar 18, 2011
- Maoists abduct Chhattisgarh collector, kill two guards (Fourth Lead, With Image) - Apr 21, 2012
- By-poll ahead, but no one's campaigning in Bastar interiors - May 03, 2011
- Half of Chhattisgarh's diamond belt in Maoist strongholds - Aug 02, 2010
Tags: ajit jogi, ambush, bastar, bharatiya janata party, bijapur district, casualties, chief minister, congress leader, cops, dialogue, government intelligence, government machinery, intelligence gathering, intelligence network, killings, maoists, policemen, precious lives, ruling party