Maoists loot Orissa contractor’s house, burn vehiclesJuly 16th, 2008 - 6:17 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, July 16 (IANS) Armed Maoists looted the house of a contractor and set five of his vehicles on fire in Orissa’s Malkangiri district, the police said Wednesday. Dozens of Maoists reached contractor Subala Bal’s house in village MPV41 Tuesday night and asked his family to vacate the place, District Superintendent of Police Satish Gajbhiye told IANS.
“After that they looted the house, taking several valuables away. They then set Bal’s jeep and three two-wheelers on fire and disappeared into nearby forests,” he said.
Bal is also a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and a former member of the local panchayat samiti. Malkangiri is 700 km from capital Bhubaneswar.
“Although Bal has not reported the matter to the police we have started investigations of our own,” Gajbhiye said.
- Maoists torch excavator in Odisha - Jul 20, 2012
- Maoists loot construction material in Orissa - Nov 10, 2009
- Maoists blast Orissa government building - Sep 07, 2010
- Maoists set ablaze construction machine in Orissa - Jul 05, 2011
- Panchayat secretary killed in Maoist firing - Aug 30, 2012
- Maoists ransack police station in Orissa - Nov 16, 2010
- Maoists blow up panchayat godown in Orissa - Oct 23, 2010
- Maoists kill Odisha villager - Jul 07, 2012
- Maoists torch construction equipments in Odisha - Jul 10, 2012
- Maoists blow up panchayat office in Orissa - Sep 09, 2010
- SPO shot dead by Maoists in Odisha - Jul 29, 2012
- Maoists, police exchange fire in Orissa - May 14, 2011
- Maoists blow up panchayat building - Aug 13, 2010
- Maoist camp busted, arms seized - Jan 22, 2012
- Workers clash with police, vehicles torched - Mar 19, 2012