Maoists kills 10 CRPF troopers in Maharashtra (Second Lead)March 27th, 2012 - 6:08 pm ICT by IANS
Gadchiroli (Maharashtra), March 27 (IANS) At least 10 Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) troopers were killed Tuesday when Maoists blew up their vehicle in Maharashtra’s Gadchiroli district, police said.
The incident occurred deep in the jungle, around 50 km from Gadchiroli town. An official who declined to be identified said the blast was “a very major one”.
“At least 10 people are feared killed. Given the intensity of the blast, the casualty figure could go up,” the official added.
The injured were rushed to local hospitals. The more seriously wounded were shifted to Nagpur, around 175 km from here.
Gadchiroli has been a long-time hub of the Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist).
- Maoist blast kills 10 CRPF troopers in Maharashtra (Lead, changing dateline) - Mar 27, 2012
- Maoists kill 11 CRPF troopers in landmine blast (Third Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- Maoists kill 12 CRPF troopers in landmine blast (Fourth Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- No intelligence alert on Maoist attack: R.R. Patil - Mar 28, 2012
- Chidambaram visits Gadchiroli to review security - Dec 28, 2010
- Eight troopers killed as Maoists blast CRPF vehicle - May 09, 2010
- Three CRPF men killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attack (Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Two CRPF troopers killed in Chhattisgarh blast (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Maoist landmine blast kills five CRPF men in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - May 18, 2011
- Two Maoists killed Chhattisgarh gunbattle (Lead) - Aug 01, 2011
- Two CRPF troopers killed in Chhattisgarh blast - Aug 07, 2012
- Chhattisgarh on high alert after Kishanji's killing - Nov 25, 2011
- Maoists blow up CRPF vehicle, kill trooper in Chhattisgarh - Aug 06, 2012
- Attack meant to reassert Maoist presence in Jharkhand: police - May 04, 2011
- Chidambaram visits Maoist-affected Gadchiroli (Lead) - Dec 28, 2010