Maoists kill three abducted villagers in BiharJune 5th, 2012 - 11:54 am ICT by IANS
Patna, June 5 (IANS) The bodies of three people abducted by Maoists three days ago were found in Bihar’s Munger district Tuesday morning, police said.
A group of armed Maoists had abducted five villagers near Basudeopur village Saturday and soon after, killed two of them by slitting their throats.
“Maoists killed two of the five abducted Saturday night. Three were killed last (Monday) night and their bodies were found (today) Tuesday,” said K. Chandra, a district police officer.
The three men were killed at Rampur village under Haveli-Kharagpur subdivision of Munger, about 150 km from here.
Police said the Maoists abducted and killed the victims for collecting levies from contractors, businessmen and government officials by claiming to be members of the outlawed Communist Party of India-Maoist.
Munger is considered a Maoist stronghold.
–Indo-Asian News service
- Suspected Maoists slit throats of seven - Jan 18, 2012
- Six people, including three kids, die of mysterious disease - Dec 28, 2011
- Maoists kill village guard in Bihar - Nov 17, 2009
- Maoists release 11 abducted villagers in Bihar - Jul 03, 2011
- Maoists kill four in Bihar - Jul 02, 2011
- Maoists kill six, abduct seven in Bihar (Lead) - Jul 02, 2011
- Two Maoists held for killing six in Bihar - Jul 04, 2011
- Maoists kill three youths, torch bus in Jharkhand - Jan 31, 2011
- Forest official killed by Maoists in Chhattisgarh (Third Lead) - Mar 22, 2011
- Maoists kill six, abduct seven in Bihar (second Lead) - Jul 02, 2011
- Maoists kill 'police informer' - Jun 26, 2012
- Forest official killed by Maoists in Chhattisgarh (Second Lead) - Mar 22, 2011
- Maoists kill three of rival group - Jun 06, 2011
- Suspected Maoists kill villager in Odisha - Aug 21, 2012
- Maoists kill two women in Bengal - Mar 26, 2011
Tags: abducted, asian news, businessmen, communist party of india, district police, government officials, indo, k chandra, last monday, levies, maoist, maoists, morning police, munger, patna, police officer, rg, stronghold, three men, tuesday morning