Maoists kill six CISF troopers, driver in Chhattisgarh (Lead)May 14th, 2012 - 1:21 am ICT by IANS
Raipur, May 13 (IANS) The Maoists Sunday night carried out a deadly attack on a patrol party of paramilitary Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) in Chhattisgarh’s Dantewada district in which six jawans and a civilian driver were killed, police said.
“Dozens of armed Maoists ambushed a vehicle carrying a patrol team of the CISF jawans and sprayed bullets all around. Six troopers were killed besides a civilian driver,” Dantewada Superintendent of Police Narendra Khare told IANS.
Additional Director General of Police (Maoist operation) Ramniwas said that the guerrillas ambushed the troopers around 9.30 p.m.
The incident took place at a mining check-post at Kirandul town, 420 km from state capital Raipur.
Reports said that after the incident the Maoists took away the six CISF troopers’ assault rifles.
Jawans of the district force were rushed to the site, police said.
Kirandul is situated in Bailadila hills where public sector National Mineral Development Corporation Ltd. (NMDC) mines two-third of its roughly 25 million tonnes annual iron ore output.
The killings created a scare in the hilly area and dozens of NMDC miners were stuck at their work place for hours, said Ramniwas.
- Six troopers among seven killed by Chhattisgarh Maoists - May 14, 2012
- Terror grips NMDC miners a day after Maoist attack - May 15, 2012
- Day after blast, terror stalks Chhattisgarh miners - Jun 27, 2011
- Maoists kill two CISF men at Chhattisgarh mining site - Nov 16, 2011
- Six civilians, two Maoists killed in Chhattisgarh violence (Second Lead) - May 16, 2010
- Anti-railway Bastar protests halt iron ore shipments - Jan 18, 2012
- Maoists kill six villagers in Chhattisgarh - May 16, 2010
- Railways suffer loss in Chhattisgarh as protest continues - Jan 20, 2012
- Chhattisgarh iron ore mines security raised after Maoist strike(Lead) - Oct 26, 2009
- Maoists torch road building vehicles - Oct 18, 2010
- Six civilians, two Maoists killed in Chhattisgarh (Third Lead) (With Images) - May 16, 2010
- Maoists open fire at mining facility in Chhattisgarh - Jul 13, 2010
- Maoists blow up CRPF vehicle, kill trooper in Chhattisgarh - Aug 06, 2012
- Anti-railway protest halts iron ore shipments (Lead) - Jan 19, 2012
- Three troopers killed in Chhattisgarh blast - Oct 07, 2011
Tags: assault rifles, bullets, central industrial security, central industrial security force cisf, corporation ltd, dozens, guerrillas, hilly area, iron ore, khare, killings, maoist, maoists, mineral development, miners, narendra, nmdc, scare, security force, superintendent