Maoists kill ‘police informer’June 26th, 2012 - 1:24 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, June 26 (IANS) Suspected Maoists Tuesday killed a man in Odisha’s Koraput district by slitting his throat, suspecting him to be a police informer, police said.
The dead body of 50-year-old Pidika Serbo was found near his village Gumudaput in Narayan Patna area, district superintendent of police Avinash Kumar told IANS.
Maoists are active in more than half of the state. The district of Koraput over 500 km from state capital Bhubaneswar is considered their stronghold.
- BSF trooper hurt in Odisha mine blast - Sep 01, 2012
- BSF trooper killed in Odisha mine blast (Lead) - Sep 01, 2012
- Suspected Maoists kill villager in Odisha - Aug 21, 2012
- Maoists kill tribal on charge of spying - Jan 07, 2012
- Maoists kill Odisha villager - Jul 07, 2012
- Maoist couple killed in Odisha gun battle - Jan 27, 2012
- Maoists kill BJD leader in Orissa - Sep 25, 2010
- Six injured in fire at HAL plant in Odisha - Aug 18, 2012
- Maoists kill home guard in Odisha ahead of I-Day - Aug 14, 2012
- Maoists kill Orissa villager - Aug 24, 2010
- Maoists kill contractor in Odisha - Dec 04, 2011
- Maoist shutdown hits parts of Odisha - May 16, 2012
- Five home guards quit over Maoist fears in Orissa - Jul 09, 2011
- Maoists release Odisha legislator Hikaka - Apr 26, 2012
- Maoists kill three abducted villagers in Bihar - Jun 05, 2012