Maoists kill Odisha villagerJuly 7th, 2012 - 2:20 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, July 7 (IANS) A former village council member was shot dead Saturday in Odisha’s Malkangiri district by Maoists, police said.
About 20-25 armed rebels dragged out 45-year-old Gangadhar Chalana from his home at Atalaguda village, about 650 km from state capital Bhubaneswar, and shot him dead. Chalana was a former village council member.
Locals and family members saw his body and informed the police.
“They killed him suspecting him to be a police informer,” a police official told IANS.
Maoists are active in more than half of the area of the state. The district of Malkangiri is considered their stronghold.
- Maoists kill 'police informer' - Jun 26, 2012
- Maoists kill home guard in Odisha ahead of I-Day - Aug 14, 2012
- Suspected Maoists kill villager in Odisha - Aug 21, 2012
- Maoists torch excavator in Odisha - Jul 20, 2012
- Maoists torch construction equipments in Odisha - Jul 10, 2012
- Maoists kill Orissa village guard - Sep 18, 2010
- Maoists kill man for being police informer - Nov 17, 2010
- Two Maoists held in Odisha - Jan 28, 2012
- SPO shot dead by Maoists in Odisha - Jul 29, 2012
- Maoist kill tribal politician - May 23, 2012
- Odisha talks halted as Maoists seize legislator (Roundup) - Mar 24, 2012
- Maoists blow up BSF vehicle in Odisha, four killed - Feb 10, 2012
- Two kidnappings: Maoists release MLA, hold on to collector (Roundup) - Apr 26, 2012
- Four BSF officers killed in Maoist blast (Lead) - Feb 10, 2012
- Explosives seized in Odisha - Feb 08, 2012