Maoists kill lawyer-politician in OrissaMay 27th, 2008 - 7:50 pm ICT by admin
Bhubaneswar, May 27 (IANS)Maoist rebels Tuesday killed a lawyer and political activist in Orissa’s Malkangiri district, police said. At least three armed Maoists rushed to ‘MV-79′ area, some 700 km from here, and abducted lawyer Prabir Kumar Mohanty at gunpoint, senior district police official S. Gajbhiye told IANS.
They took him to a nearby forest and shot him dead, he said.
Mohanty was also working as the secretary of the district unit of the ruling Biju Janata Dal.
Police were working to find out the motive behind the killing, Gajbhiye said.
- Orissa collector released by Maoists (Third Lead) - Feb 24, 2011
- Little movement on release of Odisha legislator - Apr 17, 2012
- Odisha talks halted as Maoists seize legislator (Roundup) - Mar 24, 2012
- Two Maoists held in Odisha - Jan 28, 2012
- Odisha hostage crisis: Talks suspended over legislator's abduction (Lead) - Mar 24, 2012
- Maoists demand more for Orissa collector's release (Night Lead) - Feb 24, 2011
- Abducted Odisha cop shot dead by Maoists (Second Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Hostage crisis: Odisha holds talks as MLA abducted (Second Lead) - Mar 24, 2012
- Maoists kill two in Orissa - Aug 25, 2010
- Maoist ideologue gets bail, unwilling to leave jail - Feb 23, 2011
- Odisha talks halted as Maoists seize legislator (Intro Roundup) - Mar 24, 2012
- Maoists abduct Odisha MLA (Lead) - Mar 24, 2012
- Maoists set Thursday deadline for abducted Odisha legislator - Apr 03, 2012
- Orissa forest guard shot dead by Maoists - Sep 19, 2011
- Orissa anxiously awaits arrival of hostages at home - Feb 23, 2011