Maoists kill ITBP jawan in Chhattisgarh gunfightJanuary 28th, 2011 - 9:59 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Jan 28 (IANS) Heavily armed Maoists killed a central para-military trooper of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) in Chhattisgarh Friday in a prolonged gunfight, police said.The gunfight, which began in the early hours Friday in a forested area of Rajnandgaon district in the western part of the state, ended in the afternoon with the killing of one ITBP soldier, Bhoop Singh, who hails from Rajasthan.
“The deceased jawan belonged to 36th battalion of the ITBP who fought bravely with the armed rebels in a jungle stretch,” B.L. Meena, district superintendent of police in Rajnandgaon, told IANS.
The gunfight began when the ITBP contingent was on a search patrol along with a few personnel of the state police force. The battle site is located about 160 km from state capital Raipur.
- Eight Maoists killed in Chhattisgarh gunfight (Lead) - Oct 09, 2010
- Four Maoists, one trooper killed in Chhattisgarh gun battle - Aug 17, 2011
- Chhattisgarh gunfight over, no casualties (Lead) - Dec 19, 2010
- Maoists kill six cops in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - Oct 21, 2011
- Maoists kill CRPF trooper in Chhattisgarh - Mar 26, 2012
- Maoists kill ITBP personnel in Chhattisgarh - Jan 29, 2011
- Maoist killed in Chhattisgarh - Jul 01, 2011
- Two Maoists killed in Chhattisgarh gun battle - Jan 05, 2011
- Three ITBP men killed in Chhattisgarh landmine blast - Oct 08, 2010
- Maoists injured in Chhattisgarh gunfight - Apr 02, 2012
- Paramilitary personnel bust a Maoist camp in Chhattisgarh - Jan 09, 2011
- CRPF trooper killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attack - Dec 26, 2010
- CRPF trooper, Maoist killed in Bengal gunfight - Sep 25, 2010
- CRPF trooper killed in Maoist attack - Sep 18, 2011
- Chhattisgarh on alert as Maoists mark anniversary - Sep 21, 2011