Maoists kill contractor in OdishaDecember 4th, 2011 - 12:12 am ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Dec 3 (IANS) Maoists Saturday killed a contractor in Odisha’s Koraput district, police said.
The rebels shot dead middle-aged Ruben Bidika near Bikarmpur, about 500 km from Bhubaneswar, while he was on his way to Narayanpatna on a motorcycle along with two others.
While Bidika died on the spot, the other two were injured, District Superintendent of Police Anoop Sahu told IANS.
The outlawed Communist Party of India-Maoist has been observing a week-long anniversary of its military wing, People’s Liberation Guerrilla Army, from Friday.
More than half of Odisha is affected by left wing extremism.
- Maoist couple killed in Odisha gun battle - Jan 27, 2012
- Maoist strike hits bus services - Apr 24, 2010
- Maoists kill three in Orissa (Lead) - Dec 09, 2010
- Maoists kill tribal on charge of spying - Jan 07, 2012
- Abducted Odisha cop shot dead by Maoists (Third Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Maoists to release Hikaka Thursday: lawyer - Apr 25, 2012
- Maoists scale down demand for Hikaka's release (Lead) - Apr 15, 2012
- Police unearth Maoist arms dump in Odisha - Jul 18, 2012
- Tribal refuses to join Maoists, killed - Dec 09, 2010
- Maoists kill BJD leader in Orissa - Sep 25, 2010
- BSF trooper killed in Odisha mine blast (Lead) - Sep 01, 2012
- Maoists strike again, kill cop in Odisha (Fourth Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Maoists kill four - Jul 07, 2011
- Maoists kill 'police informer' - Jun 26, 2012
- Maoists to release Hikaka Thursday, says lawyer (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
Tags: anniversary, bhubaneswar, communist party of india, district police, district superintendent, guerrilla army, koraput district, left wing, liberation, maoist, maoists, middle aged, military wing, motorcycle, odisha, rebels, wing extremism