Maoists held for abduction, murderJune 14th, 2012 - 9:08 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, June 14 (IANS) Two hard core Maoists, hailing from Jharkhand and allegedly involved in several crimes in Odisha, including kidnapping and murder of a police officer were arrested from a forest area, police said Thursday.
Sudhir Bhuyan and Habil Haro were nabbed by a team of police and paramilitary force personnel during a joint operation in the Saranda forest located near the steel city of Rourkela in Sundergarh district, over 500 km from here.
Both of them were active members of Communist Party of India-Maoist and belonged to Jharkhand, a police official told IANS.
They have confessed to their involvements in several crimes including in the kidnapping and murder of police sub inspector Ajit Bardhan three years ago, he added.
Bardhan, a police sub-inspector was abducted and murdered by the rebels in the Jharbeda area of Sundergarh district in July 2009.
- Maoist shot dead in Odisha - Jul 09, 2012
- Three Maoists from Assam held in Orissa - Feb 12, 2011
- Three Maoists arrested with Rs.76 lakh, arms - Aug 12, 2011
- Top Odisha Maoist leader held (Lead) - Jan 24, 2012
- Maoists kill BJD worker in Odisha - Jul 08, 2012
- Maoist leader killed in Orissa gunfight - Feb 08, 2011
- Abducted Odisha cop shot dead by Maoists (Third Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Maoist extremist apprehended in Delhi (Lead) - May 11, 2012
- Maoist leader held in Odisha - Feb 28, 2012
- Odisha talks halted as Maoists seize legislator (Roundup) - Mar 24, 2012
- Odisha hostage crisis: Talks suspended over legislator's abduction (Lead) - Mar 24, 2012
- Maoist wanted in Jharkhand held in Delhi (Second Lead) - May 11, 2012
- Odisha cop killed, four injured in mob attack - Aug 12, 2012
- Maoists kidnap cop in Odisha - May 08, 2012
- Maoists kill two security personnel in Orissa - Jul 17, 2009
Tags: abducted, abduction, ajit, communist party of india, crimes, forest area, habil, haro, jharkhand, june 14, maoist, maoists, paramilitary force, police officer, police official, police said thursday, rebels, rourkela, steel city, sudhir