Maoists gun down police officer in Chhattisgarh marketMay 19th, 2011 - 12:44 am ICT by IANS
Raipur, May 18 (IANS) Maoist rebels killed a special police officer and unleashed terror at a crowded weekly market in Chhattisgarh’s restive Dantewada district Wednesday, police said.
The incident took place at Chhindgarh village, some 500 km south of capital Raipur, where dozens of tribal villagers were doing shopping for daily domestic needs.
“Maoists opened fire at the SPO, Markam Kosa, who was buying some items at the popular weekly market. He died on the spot,” officials at the police headquarters told IANS.
The killing terrorised villagers who ran away from the market. The Maoists walked away freely before a contingent of policemen reached the spot.
The killing came a day after rebels blew up a vehicle of the para-military Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) in the same area on a national highway in which seven troopers were killed.
- Maoists blow up CRPF vehicle, kill trooper in Chhattisgarh - Aug 06, 2012
- Maoists kill special police officer in Chhattisgarh - Feb 14, 2011
- CRPF trooper killed in Maoist attack - Sep 18, 2011
- CRPF kill 9 Maoists in Bastar gunfight, rebels strike back (Second Lead) - Nov 23, 2010
- Maoists kill 26 security personnel in deadly Chhattisgarh attack (Night Lead) - Jun 30, 2010
- CRPF trooper killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attack - Dec 26, 2010
- Maoists attack Chhattisgarh police station, no casualty (Lead) - Jun 13, 2011
- Maoists blow up new police station in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
- Ire over village head's slaying in Chhattisgarh mounts - Aug 13, 2011
- Maoists attack police station in Chhattisgarh - Jun 13, 2011
- Maoists kill CRPF trooper in Chhattisgarh - Mar 26, 2012
- Maoists kill three policemen in Chhattisgarh - Mar 14, 2011
- Three CRPF men killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attack (Second Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- CRPF turns heat on Maoists, nine killed in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - Nov 23, 2010
- Landmines recovered in Chhattisgarh - Apr 28, 2011