Maoists blow up rail track in BiharMarch 21st, 2009 - 12:58 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, March 21 (IANS) Suspected Maoist rebels blasted a railway track in Bihar’s Gaya district, disrupting train services on the Gaya-Mughalsarai section, officials said Saturday.
Railway sources said a group of armed Maoists blew up the track between Guraru and Pairayya stations in Gaya this morning.
Railway police also recovered a live bomb near the track.
The tracks were being repaired, said East Central Railway (ECR) chief public relations officer A.K. Chandra.
- Goods train derails, hit traffic (Lead) - Jan 08, 2011
- Maoists blast tracks in Bihar - Mar 21, 2009
- Goods train derailed in Bihar, disrupts traffic (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 13, 2012
- Goods train derails in Bihar; no casualties - Jul 13, 2012
- Goods train derails in Bihar - Jan 08, 2011
- Rajdhani derails after Maoists blast track, traffic disrupted (Lead) - Mar 23, 2010
- Train derails after Maoists blow up tracks in Bihar - Mar 23, 2010
- Maoist violence in Bihar - to protest Obama (Lead) - Nov 08, 2010
- Maoists derail Rajdhani, train services hit hard (Afternoon Lead) - Mar 23, 2010
- Maoists blow up railway track in Bihar - Feb 11, 2011
- Rail traffic disrupted in Bihar as wire falls on track - Jun 12, 2010
- Maoists blow up railway track in Bihar - Sep 14, 2010
- Maoists blast rail tracks in Bihar, Jharkhand (Lead) - Feb 09, 2010
- Maoists blow up rail track in Bihar - Feb 07, 2010
- Protesting Obama visit, Maoists hit poll-bound Bihar - Nov 08, 2010