Maoists blow up police vehicle in Chhattisgarh, one killedApril 7th, 2009 - 5:48 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, April 7 (IANS) A constable was killed and five policemen were injured Tuesday when Maoist guerrillas attacked the superintendent of police’s convoy and blew up one of the vehicles in Chhattisgarh’s Bijapur district.
The incident took place on a forested hilly stretch, some 450 km south of Raipur in Bastar region. Bijapur Superintendent of Police Ankit Garg, who was seated in the second vehicle of the convoy, escaped unhurt.
“Maoists blew up a bullet-proof vehicle, which was the first of three vehicles of Superintendent of Police Ankit Garg’s convoy,” Deputy Inspector General (police headquarters) Pawan Deo told IANS.
“Constable Nandkumar Sori was killed on the spot while four constables and a special police officer sustained multiple injuries due to landmine attacks,” he said.
The injured were admitted to the Bijapur government hospital.
Deo said the Maoists fired at the convoy after triggering a landmine blast, but the police retaliated. The insurgents, however, escaped into the thickly forested area nearby.
- Maoists kill 2 BJP workers, driver in Chhattisgarh - Apr 20, 2012
- Maoists attack Chhattisgarh MLA's convoy, three killed (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- Maoists blow up CRPF vehicle, kill trooper in Chhattisgarh - Aug 06, 2012
- Two CRPF troopers killed in Chhattisgarh blast (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Maoists blow up new police station in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
- 10 Chhattisgarh cops killed in Maoist attack (Second Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Maoists blow up police station in Chhattisgarh - Dec 27, 2011
- Two deadly attacks in Chhatttisgarh, 15 cops killed (Third Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Three troopers killed in Chhattisgarh blast - Oct 07, 2011
- Toll in Chhattisgarh blast rises to seven - May 18, 2011
- Mine blast injures CRPF men, Maoists raid CPI leader's house (Lead) - Jun 15, 2011
- Five policemen killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attacks - Jun 27, 2011
- Chhattisgarh on alert as Maoists mark anniversary - Sep 21, 2011
- Maoist landmine blast kills five CRPF men in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - May 18, 2011
- Security forces kill 17 Maoists (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012