Maoists blow up offices of self-help group, CPI-MJanuary 17th, 2011 - 7:03 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Jan 17 (IANS) Suspected Maoists blew up a self-help group’s office and torched a Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) office in West Midnapore district early Monday, police said.However, no casualty was reported.
“Two land mines were blasted in a selp-help group’s office in Patashimul area of Jhargram early today. The entire building was damaged. We suspect the Maoists active in the area are involved in the crime,” said Additional Police Superintendent Mukesh Kumar.
“The Maoists looted the machines and other materials. Later, they set ablaze the All India Krishak Sabha (peasants wing of the CPI-M) office,” Kumar told IANS over phone.
Maoists are active in three western districts of West Bengal - West Midnapore, Purulia and Bankura.
- Maoists kill four persons in West Bengal (Lead) - Nov 08, 2010
- Suspected Maoists kill two CPI-M supporters in Bengal - Nov 22, 2010
- Maoists blow up building in West Bengal - Sep 24, 2010
- Suspected Maoists kill two CPI-M supporters (Lead) - Nov 22, 2010
- Maoists kill two women in Bengal - Mar 26, 2011
- Suspected Maoists attack Bengal CPI-M leaders' houses - Feb 01, 2011
- Suspected Maoists torch truck in Bengal - Feb 06, 2011
- Suspected Maoists kill two CPI-M supporters - Aug 15, 2010
- Suspected Maoists torch trucks in Bengal, one injured - Feb 07, 2011
- Suspected Maoists kill CPI-M supporter in Bengal - Feb 02, 2011
- Maoists kill CPI-M worker in West Bengal - Feb 19, 2011
- Maoists kill youth in Bengal - Feb 20, 2011
- Maoists kill three people in West Bengal - Nov 08, 2010
- Maoists shoot at CPI-M leader, blow up party office - Sep 12, 2010
- Three CPI-M activists killed by Maoists in West Bengal (Lead) - Jul 17, 2010
Tags: bankura, blow up, casualty, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, CPI, early monday, kolkata, land mines, m office, maoists, midnapore district, mukesh kumar, peasants, police superintendent, purulia, sabha, west bengal